Volunteer Community Specialist
LOCATION: Irvington, New Jersey- Hybrid (Office/Remote) Work Environment
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time/Non-Exempt- 37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: $40,000/year
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for resource and volunteer development by integrating into the immediate community and building mutually beneficial relationships with parents, faith community, businesses, advocates, and key stakeholders. Work with the community to highlight strengths and identify challenges where resources need to be leveraged and developed to better support and serve its children, youth, and families. Plan and facilitate community workshops for participants.
• Implements strategies to involve parents, educators, retired professionals, and community leaders as volunteers.
• Manages the schedules of the volunteers.
• Supervises the activities of the volunteers and provides direction.
• Reviews and implements new methods for attracting, training, and retaining volunteer staff.
• Incorporates/implements the Principles of Family Support and the Protective Factors into all aspects of their work.
• Plans and facilitates various FSC events, activities, workshops, etc.
• Maintains participant files in an organized and confidential manner.
• Assists with tracking services and attendance for monthly/quarterly reports as well as monthly activities calendars.
• Maintains accurate, organized files of resources /referral sources for participants.
• Maintains an array of educational and support materials that can be distributed to participants to provide further information on issues that may be affecting them or their families.
• Attends conferences and community meetings as requested by supervisor.
• Handles other assignments as requested.
• Associates degree in a related field required
• Two years of community partnership and outreach experience required
• Volunteer coordination and recruitment preferred
• Must be familiar with and comfortable in Irvington
• Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Creole preferred
• Computer literacy in MS Office Suite required