Smart Choices Program Coordinator
LOCATION: Newark, New Jersey
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time / Exempt – 37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: $45,000 – $50,000/year
The Partnership’s Smart Choices for a Healthy Life is a free age-appropriate presentation for students’ grade K-12 which teaches children about the dangers of drinking alcohol and fulfills New Jersey’s curriculum requirement for alcohol and pregnancy education.
JOB SUMMARY: Oversee the implementation of the Smart Choices for a Healthy Life Program, including supervision of the Program Specialist.
- Identify and secure collaboration with K-12 schools, colleges, and community settings that will allow implementation of the National Organization of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (NOFAS) Curriculum.
- Coordinate Professional Education program targeting school-based nurses.
- Provide education (in-person and virtual) using NOFAS Curriculum among K-12 population in Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex, and Warren Counties.
- Administer pre- and post-tests and qualitative evaluation instruments to students, collate and record the results and collaborate with external evaluator.
- Supervise the Program Specialist.
- Complete and submit quarterly reports to funder in a timely manner.
- Attend community meetings and community events to build connections and promote the program
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education, Public Health, Social Work or related field
- Minimum 1 year experience supervising staff and program coordination
- Minimum 1 year experience working with a broad age range of students in classroom type settings
- Minimum 1 year experience with data collection and analysis
- Comfortable conducting presentations to learners of all levels and age groups
- Ability to be sensitive to the community and clients of culturally diverse populations
- Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work individually as well as function as a team member
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint