Quality Assurance Specialist-NJIIS
LOCATION: Newark, New Jersey– Hybrid (Office/Remote) Work Environment
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time/Non-Exempt- 37.5 hours/per week
ANNUAL SALARY: $35K- $40K
JOB SUMMARY: Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist is responsible for all activities involving quality assurance of the New Jersey Immunization Information System (NJIIS) for eight Northern New Jersey counties. The NJIIS QA Specialist will follow the NJIIS policy and procedures for performing audits on pre and post data submissions.
- Conduct reviews, via the HL7 audit tool, of test data submitted by providers that are in the process of enrolling their interfaces with NJIIS on a timely basis.
- Complete tracking spreadsheet for audits assigned and completed.
- Verify interface enrollment applications for sites that are ready to be moved into testing.
- Evaluate patient duplications in the Immunization registry and determine corrective action.
- Attend meetings and participate in ad-hoc conference calls in order to remain current with NJIIS information and quality assurance updates.
- Complete quarterly narrative progress reports on time.
- Perform accurate medical record reviews on immunization data submitted/entered into NJIIS by providers, schools and electronic interface to facilitate NJIIS data quality assurance audits.
- Handle other assignments as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Community Health, Public Health or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of database experience.
- Professional phone demeanor.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work individually as well as function as a team member.
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite.
This position reports to the Program Manager.
Please fill out the form below. All applications must include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.