Program Manager-Adolescent Immunization Initiatives
LOCATION: Newark, NJ– Hybrid (Office/Remote) Work Environment
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Exempt- 37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: $50K-$55K
Oversee and coordinate the Partnership’s adolescent immunization initiatives. Responsible for strengthening adolescent immunization coverage among adolescents aged 11-18 years through outreach to providers, hospitals, local health departments, federally qualified health centers, and other community initiatives in Northern NJ.
- Oversee adolescent immunization initiatives including planning, organizing, leading, and managing program activities and HPV and Cancer Prevention Initiative staff.
- Responsible for managing contracts with vendors and monitoring completion of objectives for adolescent immunization initiatives, including Protect Me with 3+ campaign. Serve as the primary contact for the Protect Me with 3+ campaign and participate in bimonthly planning committee calls.
- Provide education and outreach to health care professionals, parents/caregivers, and adolescents to increase awareness on the benefits of immunizations.
- Provide education and outreach to higher education institutions, with a special focus on HPV and seasonal influenza vaccines.
- Address barriers and identify opportunities/strategies for adolescent immunization. Provide feedback and recommend quality improvement stategies to improve immunization practices and coverage levels.
- Implement and/or participate in community-based immunization events and outreach activities.
- Participate in other local/state immunization coalitions.
- Encourage use of NJIIS-based reminder/recall system to support and improve adolescent immunization rates.
- Present on pertinent topics/programs/findings/best practices at events or conferences as requested.
- Prepare quarterly progress reports and submit to Director for submission.
- Handle other duties as requested.
- Masters’ of Public Health or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of community health experience; knowledge of immunizations
- Experience with social media
- Computer literacy in MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This position reports to the Director of Public Health Initiatives.
Please fill out the form below. All applications must include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.