Parent Educator – Parents as Teachers Program of Warren County
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time / Non-exempt – 37.5 hours per week
LOCATION: Remote/Warren County, NJ
SALARY: $32,000 per year
JOB SUMMARY: Parent educator is responsible for maintaining a regular and long-term relationship with family members in the Parents as Teachers program.
- Assist parents in improving their skills to optimize the home environment and parenting practices that promote the optimal development of children
- Assist in increasing the family support system
- Help to improve the family’s ability to problem solve and advocate for themselves and their children
- Establish a trusting relationship
- Assist in strengthening the parent-child relationship
- Assist the family in establishing goals and a plan for the accomplishment of those goals
- Identify and refer to other supportive agencies
- Input PAT and SPECT data in a timely and accurate manner into the web-based information system
- Coordinate data collection and compile data for reports
- Monitor family progress and compliance based on their Family Goal Plan (FGP) and Life Skills Progression (LSP) tool
- Access and monitor growth and development of target child by completing timeline tools (ASQ/ASQ:SE, Home Scale, Milestones)
- Monitor current health and developmental trends in order to better assist families
- Support families in following recommendations according to the Home Safety Checklist
- Maintain manual and computerized client files in a confidential manner
- Handle other assignments as requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work is performed in a variety of office, health care and community settings; may involve bending, color identification, gripping with hands and fingers, hearing voice conversation, keyboarding, kneeling, lifting up to 35 pounds, pulling, pushing, reaching, sitting, standing, stooping and walking. Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that include close vision. The employee will attend meetings at a variety of places and will need to drive. Occasional stair climbing is required.
WORK REQUIREMENTS: There are no unusual work conditions. Noise level at work is moderate. The employee will experience outside weather conditions while in transit to and from meeting or during special events. Able to work evenings and weekends as required. Must have own car and valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s or 4-year degree in early childhood or related field preferred. High school graduate required.
- Two years of previous work experience with young children and/or parents.
- Familiarity with data entry necessary.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy in MS Office and MS Teams
All applications must include a cover letter and salary requirement using the form below. No phone calls.
Address cover letter to:
Parents as Teachers Warren County
Partnership for Maternal and Child Health of Northern New Jersey
73 Bassett Highway
Dover, NJ 07801