Nurse Home Visitor – NFP Passaic/Bergen Counties
LOCATION: Hybrid/Newark, New Jersey
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time/Exempt- 37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: $68,000 – $70,000/year
The Nurse Family Partnership Program (NFP) is an evidence-based program that partners first-time moms with nurse home visitors. Women enrolled in the program are visited by a specially trained, registered nurse throughout the pregnancy and until the baby turns two years old. During these visits, a nurse will offer knowledge and support women need to confidently create a better life for themselves and their baby.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides comprehensive community health nursing services to women and their families eligible for the NFP Program. The Nurse Home Visitor is responsible for maintaining the highest standards in clinical nursing practice and adherence to the NFP model, and to policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of NFP and of the lead agency.
- Provides home visits to women and their families eligible for the NFP Program.
- Carries a case load of up to 25 clients.
- Develops therapeutic relationships with women and their families in a home visiting environment.
- Assesses physical, emotional, social and environmental needs of women and their families.
- Assists women and their families in establishing goals and outcomes.
- Provides education, support and referral resources in assisting women in attaining their targeted goals.
- Actively engages in skill building to meet all NFP Nurse Home Visitor competency requirements.
- Utilizes reflective practice in supervisory sessions.
- Attends and participates in bi-weekly case conferences and staff meetings.
- Represents the NFP vision, mission and model to both internal and external clients and colleagues.
- Elicits and considers differing viewpoints when analyzing issues.
- Maintains clear, effective, open communication with both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Creates, maintains and supports a safe environment for open discussion.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Accurately assesses own learning needs and develops strategies to meet them.
- Stays informed of current health care developments to provide safe, quality nurse home visiting services.
- Handles other assignments as requested by supervisor.
DESIRED EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Current RN license and CPR required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree required
- Two years recent experience in maternal/child health, public health, home visiting or mental/behavioral nursing preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite.