Nurse-Family Partnership-Hudson/Union Program Supervisor
LOCATION: Hybrid/Newark, New Jersey
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time/Exempt- 37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: $80,000 – $85,000/year *Signing bonus*
JOB SUMMARY: Work within the local community and lead agency structure to assure that the NFP Program is implemented in accordance with established guidelines and contract requirements. Use principles of supervision, reflective practice, and staff development to provide primary support and oversight to the nurse home visiting staff and to build and model a strengths-based, client-centered culture.
- Provide supervision and evaluation of nurse home visitors and administrative staff. Ensure that the NFP philosophy and model is implemented.
- Assign client caseloads and monitor home visitor’s ability to build and manage caseload.
- Maintain a caseload of up to 5 clients as needed.
- Develop and maintain community referral sources for the NFP Program, along with nurse home visitors and support staff.
- Actively participate in preparation and monitoring of NFP budget to ensure appropriate use of funds.
- Based on agency policy, actively participate in, chair, or coordinate all NFP community coalition/advisory board meetings.
- Develop and implement regular reflective practice supervision within the program and conduct field visits, both with frequency recommended by NFP.
- Provide regular case conferences and team meetings as recommended by NFP.
- Oversee and ensure timely and accurate data input and utilization of the web-based data systems.
- Effectively assist home visitors in analyzing complex problems and case situations.
- Ensure that all program materials are ordered in a timely manner, organized, and available for use by nurse home visitors.
- Evaluate implementing agency outcomes and interventions.
- Handles other assignments as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or closely related field preferred
- Current nursing license (in good standing)
- 5 years of experience providing maternal/child health service in community setting, including home visitation
- Program management/supervision experience
- Experience working with diverse populations, communities, and organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Highly collaborative styles, skilled at relationship and consensus building
- Strong initiative and follow through with enthusiastic positive attitude
- Multi-tasking skills a must