Manager of Professional Education
POSITION TITLE: Manager of Professional Education
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time/ Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $80,000 – $90,000 Annually
LOCATION: Newark, New Jersey – Hybrid office environment
WORK HOURS: 37.5 hours/week
JOB SUMMARY: Manager of Education reports directly to the Director of Education and is responsible for developing, implementing and managing the Education Department’s programs. The Manager of Education plays a leading role in creating the vision and strategy for growth and sustainability of the Education Department.
- Assess and prioritize educational needs of maternal/child health care providers and Partnership employees. Plan continuing education programs that aim to improve both knowledge base and clinical competencies.
- Provide lectures, seminars and courses for maternal/child health professionals and Partnership managers/staff.
- Coordinate logistics for in-person professional educational opportunities, including registration, food, audiovisuals, etc
- Maintain the Partnership’s Approved Provider Unit status through the New Jersey State Nurses Association and fulfill the role and responsibilities of a Nurse Planner for the Approved Provider Unit, assuring compliance with all requirements of NJSNA and the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Maintain additional certification requirements with other credentialing organizations as needed.
- Coordinate the Partnership’s Regional Education Committee, which provides recommendations for priority continuing education programs, including topics and presenters, and provides oversight for the Partnership’s Approved Provider Unit.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of continuing education programs and provide recommendations for revisions and additional offerings as necessary.
- Coordinate meetings of the Partnership’s Regional Breastfeeding Committee and Regional Family Educator Committee, promoting a forum for sharing best practices.
- Coordinate with the Partnership’s grant-funded programs to plan and develop educational programs directed toward maternal and child health providers and staff throughout northern New Jersey.
- Meet with the Director of Education regularly to provide program updates/recommendations.
- Handle other assignments as requested.
- Masters’ degree in nursing, education, public health or administration from an accredited college or university.
- Registered professional nurse with certification by the National Certification Corporation for the Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties or the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in clinical maternal/child nursing
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and public speaking communication skills.
- Solid organizational and problem-solving skills and a keen eye for details.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite.
- AWHONN instructor certification in Fetal Heart Monitoring and/or Obstetric Patient Safety
- Experience in teaching review courses in preparation for the National Certification Corporation for the Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties or the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements on the form below to the attention of:
Sarah Muller-Robbins, MPH, RN, IBCLC, ICCE
Partnership for Maternal and Child Health of Northern New Jersey
50 Park Place, Suite 700, Newark, NJ 07102