Immunization Outreach and Education Specialist
LOCATION: Newark, New Jersey- Hybrid (Office/Remote) Work Environment
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time/Non-Exempt- 37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: $45,000- $48,000/year
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for providing immunization education and outreach to increase awareness about New Jersey Immunization Information System (NJIIS) in the Partnership’s service region of Northern NJ to healthcare professionals and health systems.
- Provide education and outreach to health care professionals, early childhood education center staff, school nurses, community organization staff and health departments to increase awareness of immunizations, NJIIS, and PMCH immunization programming.
- Promote and encourage the use of the New Jersey Immunization Information System (NJIIS) among healthcare providers, health departments, early childhood education center staff, schools, pharmacies, and assisted living facilities to improve immunization practices and coverage levels.
- Promote the Docket mobile phone app to increase immunization awareness and allow New Jersey residents to identify due or past due immunizations.
- Address barriers and identify opportunities/strategies for pediatric and adult immunizations. Promote PMCH immunization programming to improve immunization levels and reduce vaccine hesitancy.
- Participate in other local/state immunization coalitions and working groups.
- Present on pertinent topics/programs/findings/best practices at events or conferences as requested.
- Coordinate outreach efforts with PMCH immunization team to promote vaccine education and identify areas of need.
- Handle other duties as requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work is performed in a variety of office, health care and community settings; may involve bending, color identification, gripping with hands and fingers, hearing voice conversation, keyboarding, kneeling, lifting up to 35 pounds, pulling, pushing, reaching, sitting, standing, stooping and walking. Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that include close vision. The employee will attend meetings at a variety of places and will need to drive. Occasional stair climbing is required.
WORK REQUIREMENTS: There are no unusual work conditions. Noise level at work is moderate. The employee will experience outside weather conditions while in transit to and from meeting or during special events. Able to work evenings and weekends as required. Must have own car and valid driver’s license.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors’ degree required public health pharmaceutical studies, health sciences, nursing, or related fields. Minimum 2 years community health experience required; computer literacy required; excellent written and verbal communication skills required; experience with immunizations preferred.