Immunization Education Specialist
LOCATION: Hybrid/Newark, NJ
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Non-Exempt – 37.5 hours
ANNUAL SALARY: $42,000-45,000/ year
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for providing community education on pediatric and adult immunizations in the Partnership’s service region of Northern NJ.
- Provide education and outreach to health care professionals, parents/caregivers, and children to increase awareness on the benefits of immunizations.
- Provide education and outreach to early childhood education centers, community organizations, faith-based organizations, and parent groups to increase awareness of pediatric and flu vaccines.
- Address barriers and identify opportunities/strategies for pediatric and flu immunizations. Provide feedback and recommend quality improvement stategies to improve immunization practices and coverage levels.
- Implement and/or participate in community-based immunization events and outreach activities.
- Participate in other local/state immunization coalitions and working groups.
- Coordinate flu campaign community initiatives and activities, including seasonal flu community health fairs.
- Develop digital content to provide education and address misinformation about pediatric and flu vaccines on a monthly basis and submit for supervisor approval.
- Present on pertinent topics/programs/findings/best practices at events or conferences as requested.
- Handle other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters of Public Health or equivalent preferred
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/Haitian Creole preferred
- Community health experience required
- Computer literacy and experience with social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with immunization preferred