Immunization Education Specialist
LOCATION: Newark, New Jersey- Hybrid (Office/Remote) Work Environment
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time/Non-Exempt- 37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: $45,000- $48,000/year
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for providing community education on pediatric, adolescent, and adult immunizations in the Partnership’s service region of Northern NJ.
- Provide education and outreach to the community to increase awareness of the benefits of immunizations through providing education at health fairs, community events, and workshops.
- Provide education and outreach to assisted living facility residents, senior centers, schools, community organizations, and faith-based organizations, to increase awareness of pediatric, adult, and adolescent vaccines.
- Identify barriers and recommend opportunities/strategies for improving community access to vaccinations and acceptance of vaccines among community members.
- Coordinate outreach efforts with the PMCH Immunization team to promote vaccine education, identify areas of need, and ensure vaccine initiatives are meeting the needs of the community.
- Evaluate existing vaccine education to ensure the needs of the community are being addressed.
- Assist with activities for the Protect Me With 3+ Campaign.
- Implement and/or participate in community-based immunization events and outreach activities.
- Participate in other local/state immunization coalitions and working groups.
- Develop digital content to provide education and address misinformation about vaccines on a monthly basis and submit it for supervisor approval.
- Present pertinent topics/programs/findings/best practices at events or conferences as requested.
- Handle other duties as requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work is performed in a variety of office, health care, and community settings; may involve bending, color identification, gripping with hands and fingers, hearing voice conversation, keyboarding, kneeling, lifting up to 35 pounds, pulling, pushing, reaching, sitting, standing, stooping and walking. Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that include close vision. The employee will attend meetings at a variety of places and will need to drive. Occasional stair climbing is required.
WORK REQUIREMENTS: There are no unusual work conditions. Noise level at work is moderate. The employee will experience outside weather conditions while in transit to and from meetings or during special events. Able to work evenings and weekends as required. Must have own car and valid driver’s license.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or related field required. Masters of Public Health or equivalent preferred. Bilingual in English/Haitian Creole or English/Spanish preferred. Community health experience required; experience with presenting required; computer literacy and experience with social media required; excellent written and verbal communication skills required; experience with immunization preferred.