Human Resources Coordinator
LOCATION: Newark, New Jersey- Hybrid (Office/Remote) Work Environment
CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time/Non-Exempt- 20 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: $25.00/hour
JOB SUMMARY: Perform administrative duties for the Human Resources (HR) department. Assist with recruitment, onboarding and maintaining employee records. Provide HR support to all employees.
- Assist HR department in carrying out a variety of human resources initiatives for all employees.
- Administer employee record systems to include compensation, performance management, and maintenance of employee records.
- Perform routine filing, scanning, and archiving of records to ensure record retention compliance.
- Assist in benefits data administration in various third-party systems.
- Assist with recruiting and the onboarding process
- Coordinate and verify pre-employment background screenings
- Assist with new hire processes such as I-9 compliance, business cards, employee ID cards and issuance of equipment, etc.
- Maintain HR records in ADP Workforce Now, ensuring data accuracy through self-audits and reports
- Coordinates employee-centered meetings, events, and activities with the HR Department staff
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance.
- Handle external HR related calls and/or route to the appropriate HR staff.
- Produce HR-related correspondence, including reports.
- Provide backup to HR team in their absence.
- Support other functions as assigned.
- Associate degree in human resources preferred and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in HR administration
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- Discretion and sensitivity due to the highly confidential nature of work assignments
- Ability to work autonomously and efficiently; strong attention to detail
- Extremely flexible, proactive, highly organized, and able to shift priorities, multi-task, and handle heavy workflow processing
- Ability to acquire information and answer questions promptly
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Teams
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now