Family Support Worker-Healthy Families Program Essex
LOCATION: Irvington, New Jersey
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time/ Non-exempt – 37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: $31K
Responsible for establishing and maintaining a long-term relationship with the families enrolled in the Healthy Families Program of Essex County. Conduct home visitation services from pregnancy through the child’s third year.
- Outreach families referred through Central Intake or a Service Provider.
- Use standardized screening tool to determine eligibility for home visitation services.
- Conduct family-centered and strength-based Home Visits based on the assigned enrolled family’s level of service.
- Interview/conduct Parent Survey with parents to identify strengths/risk factors.
- Conduct weekly outreach efforts to engage hard to reach clients.
- Document weekly home visits, assessment tools, and forms in a timely and confidential manner.
- Utilize Parents as Teachers curriculum to help improve parent child interaction.
- Assist in strengthening the parent-child relationship.
- Assist parents in improving their skills to optimize the home environment.
- Assist in increasing the family support system and the family’s ability to problem solve.
- Identify and refer to other supportive agencies, including healthcare appointments.
- Assist with organizing and facilitating parent workshops.
- Provide advocacy at appointments, as needed.
- Maintain own functioning vehicle in good working condition at all times.
- Handles other assignments as requested.
- High School graduate; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two years of experience working with children (0-3 years of age) and families
- English/Spanish or English/Creole preferred.
- Knowledge of normal child growth/development and parent-child relationships
- Experience in working with community agencies, including implementing referral processes
- Ability to establish and maintain personal/programmatic boundaries, while providing supportive services.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to individuals who may not share basic commonality.
- Experience working in culturally diverse communities; ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Good verbal and written communication skills; computer literacy
This position reports to the Healthy Families Supervisor.
Please fill out the form below. All applications must include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.