Communications Coordinator – Temporary Position
COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR – TEMPORARY POSITION
LOCATION: Newark, New Jersey (hybrid work week– remote & in-office)
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time – Non-exempt 37.5 hours per week
ANNUAL SALARY: $40,000 – $45,000
JOB SUMMARY: Work closely with the Chief Development & Communications Officer to develop communication strategies that increase the visibility and positive image of the Partnership to advance the organization’s mission. Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to implement all formal communication efforts to raise external visibility and understanding of the Partnership’s programs. Temporary position (January/February 2022 – May 2022. This position is a good opportunity for a recent college graduate who would like to learn more about non-profit communications.
- Implement annual strategic communications plan with measurable goals/objectives.
- Engage Partnership program staff to generate compelling content for website, social media, and print use. Ensure content is tailored to and appropriate for the publication platform and target audience.
- Administer Partnership website and social media accounts as required to achieve the goals defined in the strategic communications plan.
- Create printed content including brochures, invitations, program templates, flyers, videos, and reports, for consistency with communications plan prior to distribution.
- Engage clients with communication messages and methods that support the achievement of program objectives.
- Communicate with diverse audiences across the organization including community members, health care professionals, staff, and donors.
- Support managers and supervisors to best present their programs to the public.
- Attend key Partnership events to secure communications content.
- Maintain constituent database
- Manage logistics for virtual events and educational programs.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field required.
- Two years of experience in the communications sector, non-profit preferred. (Internship experience acceptable.)
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, Canva, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, other graphics/video software, website content management systems, e-mail marketing systems, constituent database software, and social media platforms.
- Excellent writing, editing, project management, graphic design, photography, and planning skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, diverse professional environment and manage competing priorities.
- Familiarity with public health-related messaging and cultural competency strongly preferred.
- Highly collaborative styles, skilled at relationship and consensus building.
- Strong initiative and follow through with an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Apply using the form below. Cover letter must be included with your resume submission. Calls regarding this position will not be accepted.
Address the cover letter to:
Chief Development and Communications Officer
Partnership for Maternal and Child Health of Northern New Jersey
50 Park Place, Suite 700
Newark, NJ 07102