Bilingual Resource Specialist
LOCATION: Irvington/Hybrid, NJ- Hybrid (Office/Remote) Work Environment
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time/Non-Exempt- 37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: $40k
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinate evidence-based home visitation services and other perinatal health care services through the SPECT system. Maintain data systems and provide feedback to referring agencies.
- Using assessment and referrals data, make initial determination of a woman’s needs, including perinatal health care, prevention education, behavioral health, social issues and family support, and financial needs and eligibility for public assistance;
- Implement triage criteria for linkage to appropriate services, including outreach for clients without telephones, initial assessment if referral is incomplete, prenatal care, preconception/interconception care, primary care, and home visiting;
- Provide linkages to home visitation programs including Healthy Families/TIP, Nurse Family Partnership, Parents As Teachers, Early Head Start, and all other models that may be in place in the county;
- Implement coordination to ensure that there is no duplication of services and resources are maximized;
- Maintain data tracking systems;
- Handle other duties as
WORK REQUIREMENTS: There are no unusual work conditions. Noise level at work is moderate. The employee will experience outside weather conditions while in transit to and from work related activities.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Associates degree in psychology, counseling, or related field. Minimum 2 years social service experience. Computer literacy required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Meticulous attention to detail required. High level of familiarity with Passaic County health and social service resources required. Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.