Bilingual Resource Specialist- Connecting NJ Union County
LOCATION: Irvington/Hybrid, NJ- Hybrid (Office/Remote) Work Environment
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time/Non-Exempt- 37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: $40k
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinate evidence-based home visitation services and other perinatal health care services through the SPECT system. Maintain data systems and provide feedback to referring agencies.
- Using assessment and referrals data, make initial determination of a woman’s needs, including perinatal health care, prevention education, behavioral health, social issues and family support, and financial needs and eligibility for public assistance;
- Implement triage criteria for linkage to appropriate services, including outreach for clients without telephones, initial assessment if referral is incomplete, prenatal care, preconception/interconception care, primary care, and home visiting;
- Provide linkages to home visitation programs including Healthy Families/TIP, Nurse Family Partnership, Parents As Teachers, Early Head Start, and all other models that may be in place in the county;
- Implement coordination to ensure that there is no duplication of services and resources are
- Maintain data tracking
- Handle other duties as
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work is performed in a variety of office, health care and community settings; may involve bending, color identification, gripping with hands and fingers, hearing voice conversation, keyboarding, kneeling, lifting up to 35 pounds, pulling, pushing, reaching, sitting, standing, stooping and walking. Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that include close vision. The employee will perform activities at a variety of locations and will need to drive. Occasional stair climbing is required.
WORK REQUIREMENTS: There are no unusual work conditions. Noise level at work is moderate. The employee will experience outside weather conditions while in transit to and from work related activities.
- Associate degree in psychology, counseling, or related
- Bilingual (English/Spanish/Creole) required.
- Two years social service experience and computer literacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Meticulous attention to detail
- High level of familiarity with Union County health and social service resources