Bilingual Program Specialist
LOCATION: Newark, New Jersey- Hybrid (Office/Remote) Work Environment
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time/Non-Exempt- 37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: $40,000-$42,500
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting with planning and executing lead poisoning prevention and healthy homes activities.
- Provide lead poisoning prevention education and healthy homes education to professionals, parents, and young children throughout eight Northern New Jersey counties: Bergen, Essex (excluding Newark), Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex, Union, and Warren. This may include scheduling and preparing for in-person and virtual workshops and presentations.
- Provide eco-healthy childcare training to childcare center staff
- Assist program’s four lead poisoning prevention coalitions in coordinating educational campaigns
- Initiate quarterly mass mailings promoting the Keep Me Lead Free program among childcare centers, schools and community-based organizations throughout the eight designated counties
- Attend state task force meetings and regional lead poisoning prevention and healthy homes coalition meetings
- Participate in health fairs and parent workshops to include evenings and weekends as needed to distribute lead prevention resources and incentives
- Perform administrative functions at coalition meetings (e.g., taking minutes, assisting with set-up, etc.)
- Conduct marketing and outreach activities, as needed
- Assist in planning and implementing outreach events and activities for National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week
- Assist in providing quarterly social media outreach
- Handle other assignments as requested
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work is performed in a variety of office, health care and community settings; may involve bending, color identification, gripping with hands and fingers, hearing voice conversation, keyboarding, kneeling, lifting up to 35 pounds, pulling, pushing, reaching, sitting, standing, stooping and walking. Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that include close vision. The employee will attend meetings at a variety of places and will need to drive and have their own vehicle. Occasional stair climbing is required.
WORK REQUIREMENTS: There are no unusual work conditions. Noise level at work is moderate. The employee will experience outside weather conditions while in transit to and from meetings or during special events. Vehicle is required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Environmental Health or a related field preferred. Experience working with diverse populations; experience conducting presentations; Demonstrated interest and knowledge in environmental public health topics. Computer literacy required. Bilingual English/Spanish required. Good verbal and written communication skills.