Bilingual Perinatal Mental Health Coordinator
LOCATION: Newark, New Jersey- Hybrid (Office/Remote) Work Environment
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time/Exempt- 37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: $50,000/year
JOB SUMMARY: Provide support, education, and referral information via telephone to birthing persons during the perinatal period. Provide support via the Emotional Health Phone Support program, educate healthcare providers and consumers on perinatal depression and anxiety, and facilitate support groups in Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex, Union, and Warren Counties in Northern New Jersey.
- Provide follow-up care via the Emotional Health Phone Support Program to perinatal clients delivering and receiving care at Partnership member hospitals, community-based agencies, and home visitation programs in Northern New Jersey.
- Collaborate with the New Jersey ‘Speak Up When You’re Down’ helpline and other community/hospital-based mental health services to facilitate the connection between patients who need perinatal mental health treatment.
- Establish and facilitate expectant/new mothers’/bereavement support groups, either in-person or virtual, at community-based organizations such as early head starts, family success centers, faith-based, and other family-centered organizations in the eight counties covered by the program.
- Maintain a Perinatal Mental Health Provider Directory and listing of other relevant maternal mental health resources in Northern New Jersey.
- Conduct in-person and virtual education regarding perinatal mental health for Partnership member hospital staff, community-based providers, and consumers, including perinatal clients, their partners, and other family members.
- Attend and maintain active participation in the Partnerships’ Perinatal Mental Health Task Force and other relevant hospital and community-based committees.
- Plan and organize community events, in-person or virtual, such as health fairs and workshops for expectant, new parents, and those who have experienced a perinatal loss.
- Assist in the planning and execution, in-person or virtual, of full and half-day professional conferences, training/presentations on PPD and perinatal loss to all Partnership member hospital staff and community-based organizations in the eight counties covered by the PPD program.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders, including public, private, and non-profit organizations, county departments, and health insurance advocacy organizations to increase awareness and support perinatal mental health issues in Northern New Jersey.
- Complete required documentation for all activities and the program’s quarterly report.
- Handle other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, nursing, or a related field
- Minimum 2 years recent experience working in mental health (perinatal mental health preferred)
- Experience facilitating support groups
- Knowledge of support and community resources within Northern New Jersey.
- Experience in working with culturally diverse communities/families and the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite