Bilingual Family Support Worker-Healthy Families Passaic County
LOCATION: Irvington, New Jersey- Hybrid (Office/Remote) Work Environment
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time/Non-Exempt- 37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: Up to $31,000
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for providing families enrolled in the Healthy Families Program of Passaic County with long-term support through home visitation services from prenatal to three years of age for the target child.
- Conduct Home Visits based on the assigned enrolled family’s level of service.
- Conduct weekly outreach efforts to engage hard to reach clients.
- Monitor family progress and compliance based on their Individual Family Success Plan (IFSP).
- Assess and monitor growth and development of target child by completing timeline tools (ASQ/ASQ-SE, Home scale).
- Utilize Parents As Teachers curriculum to help improve parent child interaction.
- Organize and facilitate Parent Support Groups.
- Provide referrals to appropriate community agencies.
- Provide advocacy at court appointments, doctor appointments, DCPP family meetings.
- Provide general health education.
- Monitor current health and developmental trends in order to better assist families.
- Maintain manual and computerized client files in a confidential manner.
- Handles other assignments as requested.
- High School graduate; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with children (0-3 years of age) and families; knowledge of normal child growth/development and parent-child relationships.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Experience in working with community agencies, including implementing referral processes.
- Ability to establish and maintain personal/programmatic boundaries, while providing supportive services.
- Experience working in culturally diverse communities; ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Familiar and comfortable working in Passaic county.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite.
Please fill out the form below. All applications must include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Please include the title of the position that you are applying for. No phone calls.
Address your cover letter to:
Healthy Families Supervisor – Passaic County
50 Union Ave., Ste. 403
Irvington, NJ 07111