Accounts Payable / Payroll Specialist
LOCATION: Hybrid/ Newark, New Jersey
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time / Exempt- 37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY:$40,000 – $45,000/year
Manage all aspects of bookkeeping related to accounts payable, payroll, staff reimbursements, and other assigned projects
- Maintain Microix user database, including deleting and adding new users to system and ensuring they are assigned to the proper workflows.
- Research and work with vendors to resolve invoice discrepancies and past due balances; maintain accounts current
- Set up and maintain vendors/customers in Abila
- Enter/upload payables into Microix; transmit all requests to Abila/MIP accounting software; prepare and process check runs
- Maintain an organized electronic accounts payable filing system (including vendor contracts/agreements) as well as an electronic filing system for payroll files
- Review timecards and resolve discrepancies in preparation of payroll processing
- Process bi-weekly (or emergency) payroll, review allocations and create/run reports as needed
- Work with ADP Customer Service to resolve issues and/or to research information relating to payroll processing
- Issue annual 1099 information to vendors and Federal / State agencies
- Assist with annual audit, including provision of supporting documentation
- Handle other ad hoc assignments as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of bookkeeping / Accounting experience
- Familiarity with non-profit accounting principles.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under strict deadlines and prioritize diverse and competing assignments required.
- Strong computer skills including MS Excel and accounting software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.